Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Entry #21: Today I saw a bird...

On campus, at my college, it was sitting on the ground. Now I know, this might not seem like anything special, there are alot of birds at every college campus. This particular bird was your average black bird, but instead of flying or walking this one was sitting on the pavement under a tree. As I came upon it, it didn't fly away, but it did act in fear from my approach, it was injured obviously. Its wing, or its foot or both were broken. This bird was not going to be flying anymore, and would surely die. I stood away from it as students were walking by, maybe looking at it, and I was honestly thinking that I should walk up to that injured bird and break it's neck, killing it instantly of course. Not out of being cruel, quite the opposite really. I would have given the bird a quick death, not a long one of starvation.

But in the end, I chose to do nothing, and I walked on. Guess I figured the ending of the suffering a simple black bird wasn't going to be worth the stares and shocks I would have received from other students. They would have seen it as a cruelty, but would it not have been those who chose to let the bird suffer who were in fact the cruel ones?

But like I said before, I ultimately did nothing, I was as cruel as all the others who chose to do nothing. Perhaps next time, I will kill the injured bird...

1 Comments:

At September 16, 2008 at 9:31 PM , Blogger emcy lee said...

if you have life you have hope... perhaps it's too much to expect to have you try to nurse it back to health?

But I do understand your standpoint. D: makes me sad, I wonder if it's still there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home